Hamburg players in sit-down protest after beating Celtic
Berlin: Hamburg staged a sit-down protest after their 1-0 Europa League win over Celtic when stewards denied the players the chance to celebrate with their fans, manager Bruno Labbadia said.
"I would have wished the situation would not have happened," Labbadia told reporters.
"We had 2,500 fans with us and we were told we could not go over (to thank them). The police actually told us they would report us to UEFA and I feel that is showing disrespect.”
"A fine feeling and fine touch was missing there."
Angry exchanges between Hamburg players and stewards took place when the Bundesliga side were prevented from leaving the pitch after the match.
Police moved in as several players sat down a few metres from the corner flag before eventually going towards the tunnel.
Marcus Berg scored in the 63rd minute to give the German side a victory that took them top of Group C on six points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof