Hamburg rule out move for Van der Vaart
Hamburg: Frank Arnesen has made it clear that Hamburg do not have the financial resources to lure Rafael van der Vaart away from Tottenham.
The Netherlands international`s future at Spurs is in doubt following the arrival of Gylfi Sigurdsson, and HSV were closely monitoring the situation of the attacking midfielder.
Nevertheless, the club`s sporting director has now ruled out a move for the 29-year-old Van der Vaart, who previously played for Hamburg from 2005 until 2008.
"We might be able to sign one or two more players from our own funds, but signing Van der Vaart is impossible. We would need a lot of help [from external investors] to make that happen," Arnesen stated to Goal.com.
The HSV director then went on to discuss the supposed interest in Zvjezdan Misimovic, and made it clear that the Dinamo Moscow midfielder is not an option.
"Misimovic is not a candidate to join us. We have not been in contact with his club either."
The Bosnia and Herzegovina international previously won the Bundesliga title with Wolfsburg, but left the German top flight in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi