Hamburg sack coach Labbadia - German media
Berlin: Europa League semi-finalists Hamburg SV have summoned coach Bruno Labbadia to a board meeting later on Monday with German media reporting he has been sacked.
Hamburg, who visit Fulham for the second leg of their Europa tie on Thursday following a 0-0 draw in the first leg, would not confirm Labbadia had departed.
"This cannot be confirmed by us," a club official told Reuters. Assistant coach Ricardo Moniz took charge of training on Monday.
Hamburg were crushed 5-1 by Hoffenheim on Sunday, dropping to seventh in the Bundesliga after a poor second half of the season in which they have won only four of their 15 league games since the winter break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez