Hannover beat Greuther Fuerth in Bundesliga
Berlin: Hannover`s Sergio da Silva Pinto secured his side a 3-2 win over Greuther Fuerth with a decider in the dying minute of the game, to open the 31st round in Bundesliga Friday.
Courageous bottom side Greuther Fuerth came back twice to give the visitors a hard time as Nikolas Djurdjic brace forced clinical Hannover to go one better in a seesaw match Friday.
The late winner by Sergio da Silva Pinto secured Hannover the 12th win of the season to maintain their hopes of a berth in Europe whereas Greuther Fuerth is as good as relegated, suffering their 19th loss of the season.
The following matches are scheduled for Saturday: newly crowned Bayern Munich face Freiburg, Leverkusen see struggling Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg host Monchengladbach, relegation threatened Hoffenheim meet Nuremberg, Augsburg clash against Stuttgart and newly promoted Dusseldorf encounter second placed Dortmund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon