Hannover sack coach Mirko Slomka
Struggling Bundesliga club Hannover sacked coach Mirko Slomka on Friday in an effort to stave off the threat of relegation.
"This was not an easy decision, but we believe that we had to change something," said Dirk Dufner, the club`s sporting director.
Slomka took charge of the club in January 2010 and had a contract until June 2016.
His successor is expected to be named in the "next few days".
Hannover are currently 13th in the Bundesliga, four points off the relegation places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra