Hanover name ex-Turkey international Korkut as coach
Berlin: Tayfun Korkut made Bundesliga history on Tuesday after being named coach of Hanover, the first time a Turk has managed a club in Germany`s top division.
Korkut, 39, moves from being assistant Turkey coach to take over from Mirko Slomka, who was sacked on Friday after a string of disappointing results.
Hanover said Korkut, a former midfielder capped 42 times by Turkey, was "the first coach of Turkish origin in the history of the Bundesliga", and signed a contract until June 30, 2016.
The club currently sit 13th in the German league.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!