Hanover name ex-Turkey international Korkut as coach
Berlin: Tayfun Korkut made Bundesliga history on Tuesday after being named coach of Hanover, the first time a Turk has managed a club in Germany`s top division.
Korkut, 39, moves from being assistant Turkey coach to take over from Mirko Slomka, who was sacked on Friday after a string of disappointing results.
Hanover said Korkut, a former midfielder capped 42 times by Turkey, was "the first coach of Turkish origin in the history of the Bundesliga", and signed a contract until June 30, 2016.
The club currently sit 13th in the German league.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read