Harry Redknapp confirms he is closing in on QPR job
London: Harry Redknapp is confident of wrapping up negotiations to take over as QPR manager on Friday night.
The former West Ham and Tottenham boss, who revealed he was seriously considering talks over the vacant Ukraine job earlier in the week, emerged as the favourite to replace Mark Hughes after the Welshman was sacked.
And now the 65-year-old has confirmed he is close to taking over at Loftus Road with an announcement possibly being made on Saturday morning.
"Hopefully we can get it done tonight, there shouldn`t be any problems," Redknapp said in an interview.
However Philip Beard, the QPR chief executive, would not confirm the apparently imminent appointment of the former Tottenham boss.
Beard said: "It`s too early to say. We`re going to work hard to make the right decision for QPR and the fans.
"A difficult decision has been made, now we`ve got to focus on finding a successor."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs