Harry Redknapp confirms he is closing in on QPR job
London: Harry Redknapp is confident of wrapping up negotiations to take over as QPR manager on Friday night.
The former West Ham and Tottenham boss, who revealed he was seriously considering talks over the vacant Ukraine job earlier in the week, emerged as the favourite to replace Mark Hughes after the Welshman was sacked.
And now the 65-year-old has confirmed he is close to taking over at Loftus Road with an announcement possibly being made on Saturday morning.
"Hopefully we can get it done tonight, there shouldn`t be any problems," Redknapp said in an interview.
However Philip Beard, the QPR chief executive, would not confirm the apparently imminent appointment of the former Tottenham boss.
Beard said: "It`s too early to say. We`re going to work hard to make the right decision for QPR and the fans.
"A difficult decision has been made, now we`ve got to focus on finding a successor."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range