Harry Redknapp confirms he is closing in on QPR job
London: Harry Redknapp is confident of wrapping up negotiations to take over as QPR manager on Friday night.
The former West Ham and Tottenham boss, who revealed he was seriously considering talks over the vacant Ukraine job earlier in the week, emerged as the favourite to replace Mark Hughes after the Welshman was sacked.
And now the 65-year-old has confirmed he is close to taking over at Loftus Road with an announcement possibly being made on Saturday morning.
"Hopefully we can get it done tonight, there shouldn`t be any problems," Redknapp said in an interview.
However Philip Beard, the QPR chief executive, would not confirm the apparently imminent appointment of the former Tottenham boss.
Beard said: "It`s too early to say. We`re going to work hard to make the right decision for QPR and the fans.
"A difficult decision has been made, now we`ve got to focus on finding a successor."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray favours 'Sharia-type' law to tackle rape
- Parsi population dips by 18 per cent between 2001-2011
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi