Harry Redknapp confirms he is closing in on QPR job
London: Harry Redknapp is confident of wrapping up negotiations to take over as QPR manager on Friday night.
The former West Ham and Tottenham boss, who revealed he was seriously considering talks over the vacant Ukraine job earlier in the week, emerged as the favourite to replace Mark Hughes after the Welshman was sacked.
And now the 65-year-old has confirmed he is close to taking over at Loftus Road with an announcement possibly being made on Saturday morning.
"Hopefully we can get it done tonight, there shouldn`t be any problems," Redknapp said in an interview.
However Philip Beard, the QPR chief executive, would not confirm the apparently imminent appointment of the former Tottenham boss.
Beard said: "It`s too early to say. We`re going to work hard to make the right decision for QPR and the fans.
"A difficult decision has been made, now we`ve got to focus on finding a successor."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you