Harry Redknapp ready to consider England job
London: Tottenham Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has said he needs few days off to recover from his long court trial, and if he is approached by the Football Association (FA) to manage the England team, he would consider it.
Redknapp was acquitted on Wednesday by a court in a long pending tax evasion case and spoke to the media for the first time on Friday. “I need a few days really. It has knocked me for six. At the moment there has been no approach. But if the opportunity comes, and I get asked, I’ll have to consider it,” The Telegraph quoted Redknapp, as saying.
Redknapp declined to be drawn publicly on whether he would at first seek to accept the job only for the Euros. “That is normally when we get a week’s holiday during June! Poland? No, it’s Sardinia we like!” he said. Several England players participating in the Euros like Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney are already backing Redknapp for the position and Redknapp has appreciated it.
“It’s nice. A lot of the lads in the England squad I’ve managed, at West Ham, Tottenham or Portsmouth. It’s nice they say nice things about you,” he added. Redknapp said he was happy with his job with the Spurs and he shares a strong emotional bond with the club.
White Hart Lane is expected to envelop Redknapp in an emotional embrace on Saturday evening when Spurs entertain Newcastle United “I’m happy here and enjoy my job,’’ he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what