Hazard sustains calf injury in Chelsea win
London: Eden Hazard could be sidelined for two weeks after injuring his calf during Chelsea`s 2-0 Champions League win over Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday, manager Jose Mourinho said.
"With a muscular problem, even when it`s not serious, you cannot play normally for a couple of weeks minimum," Mourinho told a press conference.
"But I have no idea of the dimension."
Hazard came off after only 18 minutes of the quarter-final second leg at Stamford Bridge and headed straight down the tunnel.
The Belgian winger`s replacement, Andre Schuerrle, scored the opening goal as Chelsea stormed back to secure a 3-3 aggregate draw that sent them into the semi-finals on away goals.
"He comes out after 10 minutes saying he couldn`t do it," Mourinho said.
"He has some problem. It`s a calf. It`s a muscular problem."
Hazard, 23, has been Chelsea`s stand-out performer this season, having scored 17 goals in 46 appearances.
A period of unavailability of two weeks would leave him at risk of missing the first leg of Chelsea`s Champions League semi-final, as well as their trip to Premier League title rivals Liverpool on April 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured