Hazard sustains calf injury in Chelsea win
London: Eden Hazard could be sidelined for two weeks after injuring his calf during Chelsea`s 2-0 Champions League win over Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday, manager Jose Mourinho said.
"With a muscular problem, even when it`s not serious, you cannot play normally for a couple of weeks minimum," Mourinho told a press conference.
"But I have no idea of the dimension."
Hazard came off after only 18 minutes of the quarter-final second leg at Stamford Bridge and headed straight down the tunnel.
The Belgian winger`s replacement, Andre Schuerrle, scored the opening goal as Chelsea stormed back to secure a 3-3 aggregate draw that sent them into the semi-finals on away goals.
"He comes out after 10 minutes saying he couldn`t do it," Mourinho said.
"He has some problem. It`s a calf. It`s a muscular problem."
Hazard, 23, has been Chelsea`s stand-out performer this season, having scored 17 goals in 46 appearances.
A period of unavailability of two weeks would leave him at risk of missing the first leg of Chelsea`s Champions League semi-final, as well as their trip to Premier League title rivals Liverpool on April 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- Sensex adds to gains for 2nd day, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: NADA hearing concludes, judgement either on Saturday or Monday
- Theresa May: Will she prove to be the second Iron Lady UK needs after Brexit?
- Political parties slam CM Mufti's 'wasn't aware of Burhan's whereabouts' remarks