Hearts suspend sex offender Craig Thomson
London: Scottish Premier League club Hearts suspended defender Craig Thomson after he was convicted last week of "lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour" towards underage girls.
Thomson, 20, was fined and placed on the sex offenders register after pleading guilty to offences over the internet involving two girls.
"Hearts today announce that Craig Thomson is suspended with immediate effect," the club said in a statement on their website.
"No further comment will be made by the club."
The club had come under pressure to sack or suspend Thomson, who is a Scotland Under-21 international, but had announced on Monday they were standing by the player.
Children`s charity Children 1st and the club`s water sponsor were among those urging the club to take action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog