Henry not ruling out return to Arsenal
London: Thierry Henry has admitted he would consider returning to Arsenal possibly as a coach after his career has finished.
The 34-year old, who now plays for New York Red Bulls, enjoyed a successful spell on loan at the Gunners in January last season during the MLS off-season.
The Frenchman is unsure if there will be a repeat of this next season, but revealed there could be a return to north London in the future as a coach.
"I don`t know how, it depends," Henry was quoted as saying by The Telegraph. "Seriously, I don`t know. I just want to finish my career [first]. I would go back to England, for sure, with Arsenal. Coaching does interest me but I really don`t think about it right now.
"I don`t plan to go back [again to play for Arsenal] and I didn`t plan to go back and play last time.
"It was only because of the guys [strikers Gervinho and Marouanne Chamakh] went to the African Cup of Nations. They asked if I wanted to play, and that`s it. I was there to train."
Henry also refused to discuss the future of former team-mate Robin van Persie as he looks set to leave the Emirates.
He added: "I`ve nothing to say about it. They have to deal with it and that`s just the way it is...It`s a hard one. I don`t want to get involved into this kind of thing.”
"It`s a tricky one but obviously I don`t know what`s happening. It`s difficult for me to talk about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016