Heracles beat Alkmaar to reach first Dutch Cup final
Rotterdam: Heracles Almelo struck twice in extra time to stun league leaders AZ Alkmaar 4-2 on Thursday and reach their first Dutch Cup final where they face PSV Eindhoven.
Thomas Bruns put Heracles on course for the final 20 minutes into the extra period when he was found by Marko Vejinovic and Ninos Gouriye wrapped up the victory in the final minute.
The game finished 2-2 at the end of normal time after Brazilian Everton headed Heracles in front in the seventh minute before Adam Maher and Johann Gudmundsson struck midway through the first half to put heavy favourites Alkmaar ahead.
But Heracles midfielder Kwame Quansah equalised after 66 minutes in a lively second half to force extra time.
PSV beat Heerenveen 3-1 on Wednesday and face Heracles in the final on April 8 at the Feijenoord stadium in Rotterdam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM