Heracles beat Alkmaar to reach first Dutch Cup final
Rotterdam: Heracles Almelo struck twice in extra time to stun league leaders AZ Alkmaar 4-2 on Thursday and reach their first Dutch Cup final where they face PSV Eindhoven.
Thomas Bruns put Heracles on course for the final 20 minutes into the extra period when he was found by Marko Vejinovic and Ninos Gouriye wrapped up the victory in the final minute.
The game finished 2-2 at the end of normal time after Brazilian Everton headed Heracles in front in the seventh minute before Adam Maher and Johann Gudmundsson struck midway through the first half to put heavy favourites Alkmaar ahead.
But Heracles midfielder Kwame Quansah equalised after 66 minutes in a lively second half to force extra time.
PSV beat Heerenveen 3-1 on Wednesday and face Heracles in the final on April 8 at the Feijenoord stadium in Rotterdam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- At least 18 killed by a roadside bomb in Somalia
- 'Too much' or 'too little' sleep can raise diabetes risk in men
- 7th Pay Commission: No decision yet on increase in allowances; pay hike to be implemented from Jan 2016
- Ephedrine haul case: Accused gets threat not to turn approver
- Yo Yo Honey Singh battled bipolar disease, thanks doctor for treatment!