Heracles beat Alkmaar to reach first Dutch Cup final
Rotterdam: Heracles Almelo struck twice in extra time to stun league leaders AZ Alkmaar 4-2 on Thursday and reach their first Dutch Cup final where they face PSV Eindhoven.
Thomas Bruns put Heracles on course for the final 20 minutes into the extra period when he was found by Marko Vejinovic and Ninos Gouriye wrapped up the victory in the final minute.
The game finished 2-2 at the end of normal time after Brazilian Everton headed Heracles in front in the seventh minute before Adam Maher and Johann Gudmundsson struck midway through the first half to put heavy favourites Alkmaar ahead.
But Heracles midfielder Kwame Quansah equalised after 66 minutes in a lively second half to force extra time.
PSV beat Heerenveen 3-1 on Wednesday and face Heracles in the final on April 8 at the Feijenoord stadium in Rotterdam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam