Heracles beat Alkmaar to reach first Dutch Cup final
Rotterdam: Heracles Almelo struck twice in extra time to stun league leaders AZ Alkmaar 4-2 on Thursday and reach their first Dutch Cup final where they face PSV Eindhoven.
Thomas Bruns put Heracles on course for the final 20 minutes into the extra period when he was found by Marko Vejinovic and Ninos Gouriye wrapped up the victory in the final minute.
The game finished 2-2 at the end of normal time after Brazilian Everton headed Heracles in front in the seventh minute before Adam Maher and Johann Gudmundsson struck midway through the first half to put heavy favourites Alkmaar ahead.
But Heracles midfielder Kwame Quansah equalised after 66 minutes in a lively second half to force extra time.
PSV beat Heerenveen 3-1 on Wednesday and face Heracles in the final on April 8 at the Feijenoord stadium in Rotterdam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves