Herve Renard becomes new Ivory Coast coach
Abidjan: Herve Renard was named as the new coach of Ivory Coast on Thursday in succession to Sabri Lamouchi who quit after the team`s first round World Cup elimination, the country`s football federation (FIF) said.
Renard, 45, will be officially unveiled on Monday where he will sign a two-year contract aimed at qualifying the team for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Frenchman has plenty of experience of working in Africa, most recently as assistant to Claude Leroy with Ghana in 2007 and 2008.
He was also coach of Zambia from 2008 until 2013 where he engineered a 2012 Africa Cup of Nations final win on penalties against Ivory Coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city