Herve Renard becomes new Ivory Coast coach
Abidjan: Herve Renard was named as the new coach of Ivory Coast on Thursday in succession to Sabri Lamouchi who quit after the team`s first round World Cup elimination, the country`s football federation (FIF) said.
Renard, 45, will be officially unveiled on Monday where he will sign a two-year contract aimed at qualifying the team for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Frenchman has plenty of experience of working in Africa, most recently as assistant to Claude Leroy with Ghana in 2007 and 2008.
He was also coach of Zambia from 2008 until 2013 where he engineered a 2012 Africa Cup of Nations final win on penalties against Ivory Coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan