Heynckes angry over timing of Guardiola`s Bayern Munich appointment
Munich: Bayern Munich manager Jupp Heynckes has blasted club officials for their timing in naming Pep Guardiola as his successor at the Allianz Arena.
It was announced last week that Guardiola would succeed Heynckes as Bayern boss, but the former Real Madrid coach believes there would have been less impact on his team had the announcement come earlier.
"It would have been better to do this in the winter break. Before Christmas, before the holidays," Heynckes said in an interview.
"This is due to the media hype that might interfere with the normal working day."
In the wake of Bayern`s 2-0 win over Greuther Furth, Heynckes also responded angrily to claims he was not in control of his team.
He added: "I am the boss. Anyone who knows me knows I am the boss here. I have been the boss everywhere - no matter where I have worked."
Meanwhile, Franz Beckenbauer has defended Bayern`s timing of the announcement, insisting Guardiola`s stature within the game affected when his appointment could be confirmed.
"If somebody is as high calibre as Pep Guardiola, you should not be surprised if it is the big issue. Now, it has to be Jupp. But he doesn`t seem happy," the World Cup winner told Bild.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says