‘Heynckes is 99 per cent going to Madrid’
Munich: Anatoliy Tymoshchuk has revealed that current Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes is "99 per cent" certain to return to Real Madrid this summer.
Jose Mourinho will take charge of his last game on Saturday for the Blancos, against Osasuna, while the Bavarians boss will attempt to achieve an unprecedented German treble in the DFB-Pokal final against Stuttgart on the same day.
With Mourinho en route to Chelsea and Pep Guardiola stepping into Heynckes` shoes at the Allianz Arena, Tymoshchuk has suggested that Heynckes will return to the Santiago Bernabeu in the coming weeks rather than consider retirement.
"There is a 99 per cent chance that Heynckes will train Real Madrid," he said to Russia 2.
Heynckes spent a single season at Madrid and lifted the Champions League with the Spanish side, but he was fired after failing to perform domestically as the club finished fourth in the table.
Tymoshchuk confirmed that he would be leaving the Allianz Arena this summer but refused to reveal his destination, while insisting that Arjen Robben - who scored the Champions League-winning goal in the final - is set to stay at Bayern.
"Robben told me he`s certain to stay in Bayern," the Ukrainian added. "And I`m leaving. I can`t say where until Monday. Not (Borussia) Dortmund for sure!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details