Hiddink hints at Premier League return
London: Anzhi Makhachkala manager Guus Hiddink has revealed that he would be keen to return to the Premier League, though insisting that he is enjoying his role in Russia.
The 66-year-old, who had a brief stint in the hotseat at Chelsea in 2008-09, has been rumoured to be on Roman Abramovich`s shortlist to succeed the outgoing Rafa Benitez this summer.
The Dutchman, who takes his free-spending Anzhi to Newcastle on Thursday evening to fight for a place in the last eight of the Europa League, says that he is open-minded about a permanent return to English soil.
"I don`t know because I`m not the youngest anymore, although I feel still very energetic and I love to be on the pitch almost every day with the guys," he told reporters.
"There is energy left, but I never can predict my future because a big part of the future is already behind me.
"I`d like to add a little sentence to that because it does seem in my answer that I`m not having a lot of joy in my current job, which is not true, I love the job which I am doing now.
"Anzhi are coming internationally from a small club. Within one year, the club image has increased a lot, the seriousness within the club and the way we are trying to play has given me also a lot of energy."
The Moscow-based club head to Tyneside with the tie delicately poised following a goalless draw in Russia and Hiddink revealed he missed the Premier League on the eve of his clash with Alan Pardew`s outfit.
He added: "I enjoyed very much the Premier League, of course and in my Chelsea time, we played here and had a good result.
"Overall, the Premier League is what every player likes to do and also the managers and coaches, they like to work in the big leagues, of course."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery