Hoffenheim sacks manager Mueller, coach Kurz
Berlin: Hoffenheim has sacked general manager Andreas Mueller and coach Marco Kurz with immediate effect due to alarming performances in the league, the German football club said in a press conference.
Markus Gisdol, who was previously with the youth team at Hoffenheim, will lead the team at the relegation battle for this season and beyond.
"We contacted Markus Gisdol because he knows the club and its structures from his time as coach of the Under 23. We are facing major challenges therefore we put our trust in Markus Gisdol," Frank Briel, manager of sports and finances said.
Hoffenheim is tied up in a relegation battle, 17th position, with only 20 points out of 27 matches.
At the beginning of 2013 Marco Kurz replaced Markus Babbel to take over Hoffenheim with the club in 16th position. However, under Kurz, Hoffenheim dropped to 17th position, recording only two victories out of 10 matches.
"We apologise for this development, which led us to the decision to sack Andreas Mueller and Marco Kurz," Briel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next