Holders Bayern Munich cruise into German Cup last 16
Munich: Holders Bayern Munich made light work of Hannover 96 with a 4-1 victory on Wednesday that put them into the last 16 of the German Cup.
Thomas Mueller grabbed a brace while Claudio Pizarro and Franck Ribery also found the net in a comprehensive victory for last season`s treble winners.
Didier Ya Konan struck for Hannover, who also lost 2-0 to Bayern in the league earlier in the season.
In the night`s other clash of top flight teams Freiburg knocked out Stuttgart with a 2-1 victory.
Schalke 04 had a comfortable night at third division Darmstadt, winning 3-1, but Hertha Berlin crashed 3-1 at second division Kaiserslautern.
On Tuesday Borussia Dortmund required extra time to advance as they won 2-0 away to 10-man 1860 Munich.
The Bundesliga leaders dominated their second-tier opponents were made to wait until the 105th minute before they broke the deadlock through a Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang penalty after Dominik Stahl was sent off.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan then sealed Dortmund`s passage into the next round two minutes later with his fourth goal of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children