Hong Kong`s Sammy Yu looking to buy English club
London: Former Birmingham City director Sammy Yu of Hong Kong is heading a consortium that is interested in buying English football club Sheffield on Wednesday.
Yu is in talks to purchase the club from current owner Milan Mandaric.
Sheffield Wednesday finished 18th last season in the second division and have not played in the top flight of English football since 1999-2000.
Yu`s interest in the Owls follows recent reports that he had ended a bid to take over Birmingham City.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan