Hong Kong`s Sammy Yu looking to buy English club
London: Former Birmingham City director Sammy Yu of Hong Kong is heading a consortium that is interested in buying English football club Sheffield on Wednesday.
Yu is in talks to purchase the club from current owner Milan Mandaric.
Sheffield Wednesday finished 18th last season in the second division and have not played in the top flight of English football since 1999-2000.
Yu`s interest in the Owls follows recent reports that he had ended a bid to take over Birmingham City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what