Hong Kong`s Sammy Yu looking to buy English club
London: Former Birmingham City director Sammy Yu of Hong Kong is heading a consortium that is interested in buying English football club Sheffield on Wednesday.
Yu is in talks to purchase the club from current owner Milan Mandaric.
Sheffield Wednesday finished 18th last season in the second division and have not played in the top flight of English football since 1999-2000.
Yu`s interest in the Owls follows recent reports that he had ended a bid to take over Birmingham City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!