Hong Kong`s Sammy Yu looking to buy English club
London: Former Birmingham City director Sammy Yu of Hong Kong is heading a consortium that is interested in buying English football club Sheffield on Wednesday.
Yu is in talks to purchase the club from current owner Milan Mandaric.
Sheffield Wednesday finished 18th last season in the second division and have not played in the top flight of English football since 1999-2000.
Yu`s interest in the Owls follows recent reports that he had ended a bid to take over Birmingham City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees