Hong Kong`s Sammy Yu looking to buy English club
London: Former Birmingham City director Sammy Yu of Hong Kong is heading a consortium that is interested in buying English football club Sheffield on Wednesday.
Yu is in talks to purchase the club from current owner Milan Mandaric.
Sheffield Wednesday finished 18th last season in the second division and have not played in the top flight of English football since 1999-2000.
Yu`s interest in the Owls follows recent reports that he had ended a bid to take over Birmingham City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital