Huge crowd welcomes Didier Drogba to China
Shanghai: Didier Drogba has arrived in China greeted by approximately 750 fans at Pudong International Airport on Saturday morning (local time).
The Ivory Coast striker, who last month signed a two-and-a-half-year deal to join Shanghai Shenhua, was met by a huge crowd of supporters chanting his name at the airport`s arrival hall.
Drogba shook the hands of several fans - with many holding Drogba banners, sporting Shenhua scarves and waving Ivory Coast flags - and wore a smile during the brief appearance, before being whisked away from the airport.
The former Chelsea man will be officially presented to Shenhua supporters at Saturday`s clash with rivals Beijing Guoan, however he will not play in the game.
Drogba`s debut is expected to come in Wednesday`s Chinese FA Cup fixture away to Changchun Yatai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video