Hulk`s Zenit move not certain
Moscow: Brazil striker Hulk`s spokesperson denied reports that Portuguese football club Porto has agreed to sell Hulk to Russia`s Zenit St. Petersburg for 50 million euros.
Various British and Russian media outlets have claimed that Porto have accepted Zenit`s offer and Hulk is now in talks over a contract with the Russian champions, according to Portuguese sports newspaper Abola.
"This report is false," Hulk`s spokesman Acaz Fellegger said Saturday.
"Yesterday (Saturday), I spoke to Hulk and his manager Constantino Teodoro. They told me that what was written does not correspond to reality, adding that they are in talks with three clubs and also FC Porto.
"I was not told the names of the clubs outside of Portugal that are in negotiations, but staying at Porto is also a possibility for Hulk."
The future of the player is likely to be settled "between Tuesday and Wednesday", Fellegger added.
Zenit coach Luciano Spalletti said earlier this month that they were interested in the Brazilian.
"Hulk obviously interests us but everything depends on the number," he said, referring to the price of any deal.
Hulk is under contract at Porto until July 2016. He joined from Japanese side Tokyo Verdy in 2008 and has since scored 76 goals in 166 appearances and set up a further 55 goals for his teammates.
A Brazil international since 2009, Hulk has three goals and 13 caps for his country and was the part of the silver-winning team at the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Biggest tech merger in history to be called Dell Technologies
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi was codenamed 'gorgeous girl' by European middlemen?