Hungary-Romania World Cup qualifier ends in tie
Budapest: The Hungary-Romania World Cup Group D football qualifier ended in a 2-2 draw here.
The match was played behind closed doors in an empty stadium Friday because penalised Hungary for racist slurs chanted by fans during a Hungary-Israel game last year.
After the match, Hungary retained second place in Group D with 10 points, but it is ahead of Romania only on goal difference.
The winners of the nine European groups qualify directly for the 2014 World Cup finals. The best eight second-placed teams take part in two-leg play-offs for Europe`s remaining four spots.
Hungary has not qualified for the World Cup finals since 1986.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi