Hungary-Romania World Cup qualifier ends in tie
Budapest: The Hungary-Romania World Cup Group D football qualifier ended in a 2-2 draw here.
The match was played behind closed doors in an empty stadium Friday because penalised Hungary for racist slurs chanted by fans during a Hungary-Israel game last year.
After the match, Hungary retained second place in Group D with 10 points, but it is ahead of Romania only on goal difference.
The winners of the nine European groups qualify directly for the 2014 World Cup finals. The best eight second-placed teams take part in two-leg play-offs for Europe`s remaining four spots.
Hungary has not qualified for the World Cup finals since 1986.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das