Huntelaar extends contract with Schalke
Berlin: Dutchmen Klaas Jan Huntelaar and German football club Schalke agreed on a two-year contract extension until 2015, the club said.
After a long back and forth, Huntelaar was linked to a number of European top clubs, the Dutch international finally agreed to extend his running contract with the "Royal Blues" until 2015, reports Xinhua.
"I came to this decision after long and careful consideration. I`m grateful that Schalke`s club officials gave me the time.
I feel home here and I believe in the club therefore I want to set a positive example," Huntelaar said on the clubs official homepage Sunday.
The striker joined Schalke in 2010 from AC Milan to score 42 goals in 73 appearances. Moreover he is part of the "Elftal", the Dutch national footbsll team, where he has scored 34 goals in 59 caps since 2006.
"We had originally scheduled the decisive talks, together with Klaas Jan, until the next month, all the better I`m pleased that he sent out a positive signal to the club for the second half of the season," Schalke director of Sport Horst Heldt said.
Struggling Schalke sits currently on seventh position, 17 points adrift from Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan