Huth banned for three games after TV picks up punch
London: Stoke City defender Robert Huth was banned for three games on Thursday after TV pictures showed him punching West Ham United`s Matthew Upson in a Premier League game last Saturday.
Huth punched Upson in the side of the head from behind as the players waited for a free kick to be taken, leaving the West Ham player requiring medical treatment.
The incident was not seen by the match officials but the FA intervened after it was shown on TV.
Germany international Huth pleaded guilty to a charge of violent conduct at Thursday`s FA Regulatory Commission hearing, the FA said on its website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31