I admire Drogba and Roald Dahl, says Frank Lampard
London: Frank Lampard , who is writing a series of books, called Frankie`s Magic Football, for children aged five and over, has revealed that Roald Dahl was a huge inspiration to him as he rediscovered the books he loved as a kid.
Lampard told the Sun that he loved reading Dahl when he was young but had forgotten a lot about the books.
The 34-year-old footballer asserted that Comic David Walliams -a hugely successful children`s author- also provided him a source of encouragement.
Lampard said that his two daughters, Luna, seven, and Isla, five, also love Walliams` books.
"It was really helpful to get an idea of boundaries and limits with the cheeky side and vocabulary," he said.
Frank`s books cover moral issues such as fair play and cheating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey