I am a changed man, says Andy Carroll
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Liverpool: Basking in the glory of his late header against Everton in FA cup semifinal on Saturday that guided Liverpool to the final, Andy Carroll has slammed his critics claiming he has left his past behind.
Carroll moved to Liverpool from Newcastle for 35 million pounds in January 2011--the highest for an English footballer at that time-- but inconsistent performances and fitness problems at Anfield did not justify the humongous amount splurged on him. His partying lifestyle was pointed as a major reason behind that.
But now the striker says that those days are well behind and he now spends most of his time indoors watching TV or playing video games.
“My past is my past. I feel when I came to Liverpool I changed my lifestyle and everything about it and settled down. I have my girlfriend with me at home and I love it here,” he was quoted as saying by The Telegraph.
“All I do now is sit in the house with my girlfriend, chill out and watch movies. I’m on the X-Box or I’ll watch TV with my girlfriend,” he said.
“When I signed I wasn’t fit. I had a knee injury and kept on getting niggles. I’d play one game and then have to drop out again. I feel great now and fully fit. I have been training every day and I haven’t missed a training session. I feel good in myself,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand