I am a changed man, says Andy Carroll
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Liverpool: Basking in the glory of his late header against Everton in FA cup semifinal on Saturday that guided Liverpool to the final, Andy Carroll has slammed his critics claiming he has left his past behind.
Carroll moved to Liverpool from Newcastle for 35 million pounds in January 2011--the highest for an English footballer at that time-- but inconsistent performances and fitness problems at Anfield did not justify the humongous amount splurged on him. His partying lifestyle was pointed as a major reason behind that.
But now the striker says that those days are well behind and he now spends most of his time indoors watching TV or playing video games.
“My past is my past. I feel when I came to Liverpool I changed my lifestyle and everything about it and settled down. I have my girlfriend with me at home and I love it here,” he was quoted as saying by The Telegraph.
“All I do now is sit in the house with my girlfriend, chill out and watch movies. I’m on the X-Box or I’ll watch TV with my girlfriend,” he said.
“When I signed I wasn’t fit. I had a knee injury and kept on getting niggles. I’d play one game and then have to drop out again. I feel great now and fully fit. I have been training every day and I haven’t missed a training session. I feel good in myself,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read