I am a more confident player after Rangers trial: Chhetri
New Delhi: Indian football striker Sunil Chhetri on Sunday said that the five-day trial at the Glasgow Rangers has boosted his confidence but he is keen to get a long stint at the Scottish club in future.
Chhetri and his India striker partner Jeje Lalpekhlua had gone on trial at the Rangers just before the start of the ongoing SAFF Championships.
"I am happy that I got a chance to go for trials at the Rangers. We couldn`t train much with the main team as they had their matches. The coach stayed a bit busy and we couldn`t spend much time with him. But it was a great experience and it was a learning experience for me. I`m a more confident player now," he said.
Chhetri said he has no immediate plan for another trial at the Scottish club but would be happy if he gets another chance to show his skills.
"There is no immediate plan for another trial. My agents will see if I can have a longer stint. I would love to show my skills for a longer period," he said after team training session at Ambedkar Stadium.
Talking about Jeje, who had also gone for the trial, Chhetri said, "Jeje is a great talent. He has really come up of the ranks and quite fast. After Bhaichung left, there was a huge space but he lives upto expectations.
"He is a wonderful player and has a great sense of football and uses his body to his advantage. He has many more years ahead of him to play for India."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore