‘I am not forcing Carroll out of Liverpool’
Liverpool: New Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has denied suggestions that he is trying to force Andy Carroll out of the club.
Carroll`s future has been subject to intense speculation in recent weeks, with many speculating that he does not fit into the `tiki-taka` style of play Rodgers favoured with former club Swansea City.
West Ham are rumoured to have made a loan bid which includes an obligation to sign the England striker outright next summer, but Rodgers has played down such reports.
"I`m certainly not wishing to push him [Carroll] out of the door," Rodgers told reporters. "Have there been any bids? Not that I am aware of.
"Obviously I`ll know more when we get back [to England]. There has been a lot written about Andy, but you saw today he`s happy to be here and he`s worked very well since he`s been here.
"The reality is he`s still a Liverpool player. He can fit into how I want to play, and he is happy here."
It has been reported that the Reds are looking for £20m for Carroll, with the club thought to want to move him on permanently rather than on loan.
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has admitted his interest in bringing the 23-year-old back to the Sports Direct Arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video