‘I am not forcing Carroll out of Liverpool’
Liverpool: New Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has denied suggestions that he is trying to force Andy Carroll out of the club.
Carroll`s future has been subject to intense speculation in recent weeks, with many speculating that he does not fit into the `tiki-taka` style of play Rodgers favoured with former club Swansea City.
West Ham are rumoured to have made a loan bid which includes an obligation to sign the England striker outright next summer, but Rodgers has played down such reports.
"I`m certainly not wishing to push him [Carroll] out of the door," Rodgers told reporters. "Have there been any bids? Not that I am aware of.
"Obviously I`ll know more when we get back [to England]. There has been a lot written about Andy, but you saw today he`s happy to be here and he`s worked very well since he`s been here.
"The reality is he`s still a Liverpool player. He can fit into how I want to play, and he is happy here."
It has been reported that the Reds are looking for £20m for Carroll, with the club thought to want to move him on permanently rather than on loan.
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has admitted his interest in bringing the 23-year-old back to the Sports Direct Arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test