I am to blame if Fabregas is not at his best: Coach
Barcelona: Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has spoken out about Cesc Fabregas` perceived poor form this season, and says he will shoulder some of the blame if he cannot coax better showings out of the midfielder.
The former Arsenal man enjoyed a flying start to his career with the Blaugrana, but has suffered a noticeable dip in performance since the start of 2012.
"He`s a world-class player who would get into any team in the world," the 42-year-old was quoted as saying by AS.
"At Barca, it just happens he has to compete with players who have been the best in the world in recent years in their positions.
"I don`t agree that Cesc has not been playing well. The coaches must also be held responsible. If I can`t get the best out of him, you can`t just blame the player - I must be to blame too."
Meanwhile, Vilanova also announced his squad for Saturday`s clash at Getafe, with Carles Puyol set to return and Jordi Alba due to miss out with tonsillitis, joining Andres Iniesta and Alexis Sanchez on the injury list.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights