I am to blame if Fabregas is not at his best: Coach
Barcelona: Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has spoken out about Cesc Fabregas` perceived poor form this season, and says he will shoulder some of the blame if he cannot coax better showings out of the midfielder.
The former Arsenal man enjoyed a flying start to his career with the Blaugrana, but has suffered a noticeable dip in performance since the start of 2012.
"He`s a world-class player who would get into any team in the world," the 42-year-old was quoted as saying by AS.
"At Barca, it just happens he has to compete with players who have been the best in the world in recent years in their positions.
"I don`t agree that Cesc has not been playing well. The coaches must also be held responsible. If I can`t get the best out of him, you can`t just blame the player - I must be to blame too."
Meanwhile, Vilanova also announced his squad for Saturday`s clash at Getafe, with Carles Puyol set to return and Jordi Alba due to miss out with tonsillitis, joining Andres Iniesta and Alexis Sanchez on the injury list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read