I could play until I am 50: Totti
London: The 36-year-old continues to shine despite his advancing years and has set his sights on playing for many seasons to come.
Roma forward Francesco Totti claims he could keep on playing until he is 50 and aims to walk out of the tunnel of the club`s new stadium in 2016.
The Giallorossi legend has spent his entire career at the Stadio Olimpico and continues to play a starring role - scoring six times already this season.
And when asked what the future holds, it is evident that retirement is far from his thoughts.
"The president says he hopes that I score the first goal in the new stadium and I hope that I can do that as well, even though it is four years away," he told TRS.
"Could I play until I am 50? Who knows, it would be difficult but nothing is impossible!"
And with the capital club sat in sixth spot in Serie A, Totti revealed he is hoping to put an end to his side`s long wait for silverware in 2013.
"In 2013, I hope to continue to play as I have been doing lately. This is a wish for myself, but I think that the fans will wish for the same thing," he added.
"Hopefully we can win a trophy or a championship as soon as possible because it has been a long time."
Roma announced plans for a brand new 55-60,000 seater stadium on Monday and hope it will be ready in time for the 2016-17 season.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living