I could play until I am 50: Totti
London: The 36-year-old continues to shine despite his advancing years and has set his sights on playing for many seasons to come.
Roma forward Francesco Totti claims he could keep on playing until he is 50 and aims to walk out of the tunnel of the club`s new stadium in 2016.
The Giallorossi legend has spent his entire career at the Stadio Olimpico and continues to play a starring role - scoring six times already this season.
And when asked what the future holds, it is evident that retirement is far from his thoughts.
"The president says he hopes that I score the first goal in the new stadium and I hope that I can do that as well, even though it is four years away," he told TRS.
"Could I play until I am 50? Who knows, it would be difficult but nothing is impossible!"
And with the capital club sat in sixth spot in Serie A, Totti revealed he is hoping to put an end to his side`s long wait for silverware in 2013.
"In 2013, I hope to continue to play as I have been doing lately. This is a wish for myself, but I think that the fans will wish for the same thing," he added.
"Hopefully we can win a trophy or a championship as soon as possible because it has been a long time."
Roma announced plans for a brand new 55-60,000 seater stadium on Monday and hope it will be ready in time for the 2016-17 season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why would I hug Arvind Kejriwal forcibly, is he a 'heroine'? asks Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now