I cry when I underperform for my country: Messi
London: Barcelona striker Lionel Messi has admitted he has cried many times after performing poorly for his national team, Argentina.
During an interview with an Argentinean television channel, Messi said he has cried many times, adding in the 2006 World Cup they had played so well and lost to Germany on penalties.
Messi added, in 2010 obviously the same thing happened, and he cried but the whole team cried as well reports a leading English daily.
Messi added, he knows he is his number one critic, whether he plays well or badly, adding he is hot headed, and gets angry because he never wants to lose.
The four-times Ballon d`Or winner further added, he knows he didn`t play well for Argentina but he wasn`t the only one, adding the whole team was not performing.
Messi further said people and the media wanted him to go out and win games on his own but this has never happened, adding he knows that he was not giving his best but he was the first to want to play well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video