I cry when I underperform for my country: Messi
London: Barcelona striker Lionel Messi has admitted he has cried many times after performing poorly for his national team, Argentina.
During an interview with an Argentinean television channel, Messi said he has cried many times, adding in the 2006 World Cup they had played so well and lost to Germany on penalties.
Messi added, in 2010 obviously the same thing happened, and he cried but the whole team cried as well reports a leading English daily.
Messi added, he knows he is his number one critic, whether he plays well or badly, adding he is hot headed, and gets angry because he never wants to lose.
The four-times Ballon d`Or winner further added, he knows he didn`t play well for Argentina but he wasn`t the only one, adding the whole team was not performing.
Messi further said people and the media wanted him to go out and win games on his own but this has never happened, adding he knows that he was not giving his best but he was the first to want to play well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy