‘I`d love to see Drogba at Arsenal’
London: Former Arsenal forward Ian Wright has stated that he would relish the opportunity for Shanghai Shenhua striker Didier Drogba to sign for the north London club.
The Ivory Coast international has been linked with a move away from his current side amid issues revolving around the club`s boardroom.
Wright, who scored 128 league goals for the Gunners, has spoken highly of the striker who scored the winning penalty in last season`s Champions League final.
"I`d love to see Didier Drogba at Arsenal, I`d like to see him come back to England," he told Absolute Radio. "And not play against Arsenal because he`s always demolishing them and the back four!"
"Of course you`ve got to play that kind of thing down. I think if Drogba`s coming back to the Premier League I`m sure there`ll be a queue and I think if Arsenal are in and around it, I don’t think that`s a bad thing. That`s not a bad signing.
"Hopefully Arsene can make that happen, if it can happen, because I think he will be a definite positive move in respect of Arsenal and I think he`s still got something to offer in the Premier League. So fingers crossed that something can come of that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical