I didn’t want to shake hands with Mourinho, says Manuel Pellegrini
London: Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed he did not shake Jose Mourinho`s hand after watching his side lose 2-1 at Stamford Bridge, saying, "I didn`t shake hands. I didn`t want to."
The Chilean refused to acknowledge his counterpart at the final whistle and also felt his side were in "complete control" of the game despite slumping to defeat
City had looked like grabbing a point after Sergio Aguero cancelled out Andre Schurrle`s opener but Torres` 90th minute goal was enough for victory and moves Chelsea up to second in the table, just two points behind leaders Arsenal.
Pellegrini`s men, meanwhile, drop to seventh after suffering their third Premier League defeat of the season already and the manager felt his side were unlucky to lose.
"We had complete control of the game. We repeat the story of our other two [league] defeats," he told reporters.
However, the City boss revealed little when asked about his reaction to Torres` winner, which occurred after a mix-up between Matija Nastasic and goalkeeper Joe Hart.
"You must ask him how his confidence is," he added.
"We will talk during the week. We lost the game and we will talk, for me, just internally with the players.
"From tomorrow we are going to see which is the best way to arrange the thing that`s repeated in the three matches that we have lost playing away.
"We are losing stupid points. I think that of the three defeats that we`ve had away, we deserved not one of them. But the reality is that we have [lost].
"For the most part I am very happy with how the team is playing everywhere – at home or away I think we have a way to play football."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city