I do not like the hype surrounding Neymar, says Clemente
London: The experienced coach is having doubts as to whether the tricky attacker will make an instant impact at Barcelona as he prepares to move to Camp Nou.
Former Spain coach Javier Clemente is unsure whether Neymar has what it takes to succeed at Barcelona following his transfer from Santos to the Blaugrana.
The 21-year-old will make the move to the Primera Division champions this summer after they beat the likes of Real Madrid to the attacker`s signature, but Clemente is not impressed with the hype surrounding the player.
"I don`t really know much about Neymar. I have only seen him on television. But there are a few things I do no like about him," he said.
"I don`t like the hype surrounding him. I prefer things to be simple and I don`t like his haircut and his eccentricities.
"And the Brazilian league is nothing like Europe. When players from Brazil move to Europe, they generally need time to adapt. Neymar looks amazing on television and does some wonderful things, but football isn`t that simple.
"Then again, if Barcelona are willing to pay that much for him and Real Madrid were after him as well, I imagine he`s a good player."
Neymar will be presented to the press on Monday before taking off to participate at the Confederations Cup with Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says