I do not need rest: Messi
Barcelona: Barcelona attacker Lionel Messi has insisted that he does not want to be rested in less important games.
The Argentina international has already featured in 38 official matches for the Blaugrana this term, netting 49 goals in the process, and he has no intention of taking his foot off the gas any time soon.
"For years now I’ve been used to playing a lot of matches. My body feels better if it doesn’t rest," the prolific attacker told Barca TV.
"The most important thing is to win matches. If I can help with goals, then that’s always better."
The attacker then went on to discuss Barcelona`s results in recent seasons, and stressed that they will eventually get the credit he feels they deserve.
"The dynamic of competitive football doesn’t allow us to enjoy what this team is achieving, but maybe in the future it will be given the credit it deserves."
Barca are currently preparing for the Copa del Rey match at home against Real Madrid on Tuesday. They recorded a 1-1 draw in the first leg of the semi-final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'