I don`t know whether Mourinho punished me: Sergio Ramos
Madrid: Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has remained coy over his allegedly difficult relationship with head coach Jose Mourinho, and has insisted that he is still fully committed to the Santiago Bernabeu side.
The Spain international was somewhat surprisingly axed from the starting XI for last week`s Champions League win over Manchester City, but Ramos has refused to comment on Mourinho`s decision to drop him in favour of Raphael Varane.
"I don`t know whether the decision to bench me against Manchester City was a punishment. These things are coaching matters," the defender was quoted as saying by AS.
"I`m talking about Real Madrid and what`s in my blood. I will not discuss things that happen within the club.
"I really want to keep helping the team and doing everything to play my part. Everyone likes to play and I`m happy to have come back to the team against Rayo."
Madrid beat Rayo Vallecano 2-0 on Monday evening to climb to seventh spot in the table, eight points behind leaders Barcelona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation