I don`t know whether Mourinho punished me: Sergio Ramos
Madrid: Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has remained coy over his allegedly difficult relationship with head coach Jose Mourinho, and has insisted that he is still fully committed to the Santiago Bernabeu side.
The Spain international was somewhat surprisingly axed from the starting XI for last week`s Champions League win over Manchester City, but Ramos has refused to comment on Mourinho`s decision to drop him in favour of Raphael Varane.
"I don`t know whether the decision to bench me against Manchester City was a punishment. These things are coaching matters," the defender was quoted as saying by AS.
"I`m talking about Real Madrid and what`s in my blood. I will not discuss things that happen within the club.
"I really want to keep helping the team and doing everything to play my part. Everyone likes to play and I`m happy to have come back to the team against Rayo."
Madrid beat Rayo Vallecano 2-0 on Monday evening to climb to seventh spot in the table, eight points behind leaders Barcelona.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know