I don`t want to see Manchester United players diving, says David Moyes
Manchester United manager David Moyes has called on his players to stop diving after another controversial incident overshadowed his first win at Old Trafford.
Ashley Young was booked after he went down in the area under pressure from Kagisho Dikgacoi, with television replays showing that though there was contact, referee Jon Moss made the correct decision.
Moyes was disappointed to see a United player dive and admitted that he will be talking to the England international about his onfield conduct.
"I`ve always said I don`t like diving. He deserved to get booked, and even though the Palace player stuck his leg out, Ashley wrapped his leg around it," he told reporters after the match.
"I don`t want my players diving. You can see the boy definitely sticks his leg out so I`ll be speaking to Ashley about it."
A penalty from Robin van Persie and a Wayne Rooney free kick secured the points for United, and the former Everton boss believes his side fully merited the victory.
"We could have done with a few more goals but I thought we were dominant from the first whistle," Moyes continued.
"Apart from the one opportunity I can`t remember anything else that threatened us.
"Overall I don`t think the result was in any jeopardy. It just took a little bit of time to get the first goal."
Rooney, who played in a protective headband, put in a man of the match display on his return from a head injury, and Moyes was happy that the England man was able to complete 90 minutes.
He added: "It was a great free kick. I thought he did a lot of good things though he tired a bit in the second half.
"I thought it was good he got the 90 minutes due to his lack of match practice. I thought if I could get him 90 minutes it would be another step towards getting back his match sharpness."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what