I don’t have an ego, says Lionel Messi
Barcelona: Lionel Messi has defended himself against recent criticism by claiming he is not inherently an egotistical person.
The 25-year-old has drawn criticism from some sections of the media this season following indifferent performances for Barcelona in matches of great significance to the Catalan giants.
In addition to his recent form, it had also been reported the star had fallen out with team-mate David Villa in November last year following a high-profile spat with the Spain international, prompting theories that Messi had acquired a narcissistic streak.
However, speaking to US Magazine Esquire, the Argentine claims to possess an innate sense of humility amid the criticism: "I don`t have an ego. I certainly do not feel like I have one," he said.
Meanwhile, the Ballon d`Or winner also reflected on the birth of his son, Thiago, but says he will not force him into following a similar career-path as he did.
He added: "It makes me happy knowing that he`s at home waiting for me after training and playing. I`m not determined for him to be a footballer. Whatever he does in his life, I`ll support him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation