I don’t have an ego, says Lionel Messi
Barcelona: Lionel Messi has defended himself against recent criticism by claiming he is not inherently an egotistical person.
The 25-year-old has drawn criticism from some sections of the media this season following indifferent performances for Barcelona in matches of great significance to the Catalan giants.
In addition to his recent form, it had also been reported the star had fallen out with team-mate David Villa in November last year following a high-profile spat with the Spain international, prompting theories that Messi had acquired a narcissistic streak.
However, speaking to US Magazine Esquire, the Argentine claims to possess an innate sense of humility amid the criticism: "I don`t have an ego. I certainly do not feel like I have one," he said.
Meanwhile, the Ballon d`Or winner also reflected on the birth of his son, Thiago, but says he will not force him into following a similar career-path as he did.
He added: "It makes me happy knowing that he`s at home waiting for me after training and playing. I`m not determined for him to be a footballer. Whatever he does in his life, I`ll support him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song