I doubt we will miss Balotelli, says Denis Suarez
London: Manchester City youngster Denis Suarez believes the strength of the club`s attacking options means the loss of Mario Balotelli will not have a lasting impact.
The striker left the Etihad Stadium in a €22 million move to AC Milan during the January transfer window, ending a two-and-a-half-year spell with the Premier League champions.
However, with Roberto Mancini already able to call upon the talents of Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez and Edin Dzeko, Suarez has downplayed City struggling in Balotelli`s absence.
"I don`t know if City will miss him," Suarez told Goal.com. "With the forwards we have here, I doubt it. Also I don`t think Balotelli will miss the team. In the end, he`s gone to Milan, which is where he`s from and what he wanted."
Suarez joined City at the same time as Balotelli but has made just two appearances since, with both coming in the Capital One Cup, and the 19-year-old has admitted that he may be forced to look for more regular first-team action elsewhere as he feels his progression is stalling.
"Mancini is giving me opportunities this year, although I haven`t yet debuted in the Premier League," he said.
"I think this year I need to be more or less a first-team player or I will have to look for a solution by way of a transfer. I don`t think I`m doing much in the reserve league.
"You play reserve games every weekend but it`s not like playing in the Segunda or Segunda Division B.
"When I was at Celta at 16, I was playing for the reserves, competing against 30-year-olds. It`s not the same. Here they`re all 20-year-old kids.
"It`s not that I won`t improve but I think I`ve progressed past that stage and now, if I can`t play in the first team, I`ll have to look elsewhere."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP