I enjoy fight for Pichichi title with Messi & Ronaldo: Falcao
Madrid: Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao is pleased to have scored as many goals in La Liga as Barcelona star Lionel Messi and Real Madrid ace Cristiano Ronaldo at this point, and is hopeful of being able to keep up with the duo for the remainder of the season.
The Colombia international netted once in Sunday`s 2-1 win over Malaga to take his league tally for the 2012-13 campaign to eight, and Falcao is relishing the prospect of challenging Messi and Ronaldo for the Pichichi title.
"Everything`s still very close, but I am enjoying fighting with them for the top-scorer title," Falcao was quoted as saying by El Tiempo.
"I`m already proud to have been ahead of them at some point this season. Hopefully I can keep this up and continue challenging them. I want to replicate last year`s goalscoring numbers."
Meanwhile, former Barca and Madrid midfielder Bernd Schuster has voiced his opinion that Falcao is at the same level as Messi and Ronaldo following his impressive performances in recent months.
"Right now the Colombian is like Messi and Cristiano. They`re from another planet," the German told Marca.
Schuster also wore the Atletico jersey from 1990 until 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside
- Chris Klein, wife welcome first child
- After KSRTC strike, Karnataka bandh called on July 30 over Mahadayi river water verdict
- Sun Pharma in $50 million deal with Spanish firm