I enjoy fight for Pichichi title with Messi & Ronaldo: Falcao
Madrid: Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao is pleased to have scored as many goals in La Liga as Barcelona star Lionel Messi and Real Madrid ace Cristiano Ronaldo at this point, and is hopeful of being able to keep up with the duo for the remainder of the season.
The Colombia international netted once in Sunday`s 2-1 win over Malaga to take his league tally for the 2012-13 campaign to eight, and Falcao is relishing the prospect of challenging Messi and Ronaldo for the Pichichi title.
"Everything`s still very close, but I am enjoying fighting with them for the top-scorer title," Falcao was quoted as saying by El Tiempo.
"I`m already proud to have been ahead of them at some point this season. Hopefully I can keep this up and continue challenging them. I want to replicate last year`s goalscoring numbers."
Meanwhile, former Barca and Madrid midfielder Bernd Schuster has voiced his opinion that Falcao is at the same level as Messi and Ronaldo following his impressive performances in recent months.
"Right now the Colombian is like Messi and Cristiano. They`re from another planet," the German told Marca.
Schuster also wore the Atletico jersey from 1990 until 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj