I have a verbal agreement with Manchester City: Pellegrini
London: Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed he has reached a verbal agreement to become the next Manchester City manager.
The Chilean has long been touted as the replacement to Roberto Mancini, who was sacked earlier in May, and recently announced that he would be leaving the Liga side at the end of the season.
Pellegrini guided Malaga to fourth in La Liga and a quarter-final berth of the Champions League this season, and now seems only a matter of time before he takes charge at the Eithad Stadium.
"I have a verbal agreement with them and I hope it is carried out," he told television channel Canal Sur.
The 59-year-old insisted that he has not signed a contract with City yet, but revealed that discussion have been ongoing ahead of the expected arrival - a move which Goal.com revealed could persuade Carlos Tevez to make a U-turn and decide to stay at the club.
"As of today, I [have not] a signed contract," he added.
"It is true that Manchester City have shown a lot of interest that I become their coach and I have had conversations with them. Until things have been signed, you cannot say everything is completely done."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range