I have butterflies in my stomach over playing with Messi: Neymar
Brasilia: Barcelona-bound Brazil superstar Neymar says he has "butterflies in his stomach" over the prospect of playing alongside Lionel Messi.
The 21-year-old forward, who revealed this weekend that he was joining the Liga champions on a five-year deal for a €28 million transfer fee, said the time had come to "seize the moment" and become a star of European football.
Speaking at the launch of the Nike Hypervenom boot, Neymar admitted: "I have butterflies in my stomach. This is a dream come true. To play with Messi and other amazing footballers at Barcelona has made me very eager to arrive there."
The poster boy of Brazilian football had offers from clubs including Real Madrid and Chelsea but opted to link up with Argentine maestro Messi at Camp Nou after talking through the decision with his family.
"It was a tough decision but I decided together with my family,” he revealed. “They helped me amazingly. I`m very happy but at the same time I am sad for leaving a team [Santos] I have been with for years. I have to seize the moment."
Neymar added that before his move he will focus on his duties for the Brazil national team, with the Confederations Cup starting on June 15.
"Wearing the yellow shirt does have a responsibility but you have to wear it as if you are playing in your own yard,” he said. “Just be happy.
“I have always wanted to play for Brazil and be like players like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and also Robinho and Kaka - there are many footballers I admire."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative