I have decided to leave Madrid: Gonzalo Higuain
Madrid: Gonzalo Higuain says his time at Real Madrid has "come to an end" and confirmed his interest in a move to Juventus.
The Argentine opened the scoring in Madrid`s 4-2 win over Osasuna on Saturday, in what was coach Jose Mourinho`s final game of the season.
And now it also appears that Higuain has pulled on the white shirt for the final time after he revealed his desire for a new challenge in the aftermath of the game, with the Bianconeri strongly tipped to secure his signature.
"I feel like my time here has come to an end," the 25-year-old told reporters after the match.
"Juventus and other teams are interested in me. Juventus is an historical club and many great players have played there.
"I want to go where I can prove myself really. I have several offers and want a change of scenery. I hope that (Madrid) does the best for me and for themselves.
"Juventus is a historical club. Many great players have played there.
"I was never given anything here, I always had to fight for the death. I came for €12 million but I think I will sell for more."
Higuain has a contract until 2016 at the Santiago Bernabeu and so it could take a substantial bid for Madrid to agree to sell the striker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?