I hope this is my year: Robinho
Milan: Robinho has pledged his commitment to AC Milan after signing a new contract and says he is eager to make the new season a success.
The Brazilian attacker had been linked with a return to his former club Santos but, with the Sao Paulo outfit unable to finance the move, instead his deal with the Rossoneri to 2016.
Speaking ahead of his side`s 2-1 Guinness International Champions Cup win over Valencia on Saturday, the 29-year-old was keen to demonstrate his enthusiasm for playing for the San Siro giants and his optimism now his future has been settled.
"I hope this will be the both AC Milan`s year and mine," he told journalists.
"I am happy to know that the club wanted to renew my contract. This becomes important year for me. I had already said that Milan has a team in which I want to play for the next 10 years."
Milan continued their pre-season preparations with victory at the Estadio Mestalla, with Nigel De Jong and Robinho himself both netting in the first-half.
The ex-Manchester City man also revealed his respect for his tournament opponents and his enjoyment whenever playing them.
"Playing against Valencia is difficult, the stadium is beautiful, the people are very charged," he added
"With the Milan shirt on you always want to win and although this is a warm-up tournament, the goal is always to win when you wear this shirt. I`m very happy to play in this great stadium."
The Rossoneri will now play the winners of Chelsea against Inter in New York on August 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad