I-League: Confident Arrows face Air India challenge
Kolkata: A buoyant Pailan Arrows would look to carry on their winning momentum when they clash against a struggling Air India in a round two I-League fixture at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan here on Thursday.
A team who struggled to win before finishing 13th in the previous I-League, Arrows, got off to a rollicking start in the sixth edition when they edged past an error-prone Mumbai FC.
Talented youngsters Holicharan Narzary and Alwyn George were at their best, and the Arthur Papas-coached developmental outfit of the AIFF would once again look up to the duo.
At the same time, Arrows would hope for an improved show from goalkeeper Ravi Kumar when they face Air India who had a nightmarish start to their campaign after being handed a 1-5 drubbing by a 10-man United SC.
The Airmen looked ordinary against United SC, even as the visitors had the numerical advantage.
Both their strikers Henry Ezeh and Elijah Junior failed to take advantage of the opportunity and the team would look for an improved show from the duo on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing