I-League Core Committee meeting deferred
New Delhi: The I-League Core Committee meeting, scheduled for January 9, has been deferred in the wake of Mohun Bagan`s appeal to the AIFF to review its decision to ban the club for two years for violation of regulations during a Kolkata Derby last December.
Mohun Bagan had on Monday appealed to the All India Football Federation Executive Committee to review the suspension order served against the club.
"The I-League Core Committee meeting, which was scheduled on January 9 2013, has been deferred till further notice," the AIFF said in a statement.
At the meeting, which will now be held at a later date, Mohun Bagan are expected to put forth their case with regards to amount of compensation, extension of the suspension, and additional sanctions and fines, if any.
Mohun Bagan was last December banned by the AIFF for two years from the I-League for abandoning a match mid-way against East Bengal after crowd trouble.
Mohun Bagan abandoned the Kolkata derby against East Bengal after key player Syed Rahim Nabi was injured. He was hit on his face by a stone hurled from the crowd at the Salt Lake stadium.
Meanwhile, it was learnt that the first meeting of the AIFF`s new executive committee will be held on January 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway