I-League debutant JSW to launch club on Saturday
Bangalore: I-League`s new entrant, JSW Sports will be launching its new football club at the Bangalore Football Stadium on Saturday evening.
Making their I-League debut this season, the club has roped in former Manchester United player Ashley Westwood as coach of the club apart from signing India striker Robin Singh.
Present at the launch would be JSW chairman and managing director Sajjan Jindal, AIFF president Praful Patel and members from the Karnataka State Football Association. The team would be unveiled at the launch.
Meanwhile, JSW Sports has signed three Bangalore boys -? Kutty Mani, Don Bosco Andrew and Vishal Kumar.
Midfielder Kutty, 26, brings in a fair bit of experience having spent five seasons with Mumbai FC and one at Pune FC.
The other midfielder who has been signed was Don Bosco who started out at Bangalore SAI before spending three years at Goa`s SESA Academy.
Defender Vishal has represented India at the Under 16,17,19,21 and 23 levels apart from being part of the Olympic qualifier and SAFF Cup squads. He started out with HAL before spending two seasons at Pailan Arrows.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details