I-League: Mohun Bagan thrash Shillong Lajong
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan routed Shillong Lajong 6-1 at the Yuba Bharati Krinangan in the I-League Tuesday. For Bagan, Sunil Chhetri and Odafa Okolie scored a brace while Syed Rahim Nabi and Jose Ramirez Barreto netted one apiece.
Lajong managed to pull one back through Subhas Singh. Bagan move to 43 points from 24 matches while Lajong stay on 27 points from 24 matches.
The first 20 minutes were even till Rahim Nabi scored the opening goal from a Barreto pass. Three minutes later, Bagan scored their second - AIFF Player-of-the-Year Sunil Chettri finishing perfectly after Barreto put him through.
Soon Odafa Okolie got his name on the scoresheet as he scored his first in the 41st minute.
Changing over, Odafa scored again, this time wading his way past five defenders inside the penalty box.
In the 57th minute Shillong Lajong had something to cheer about when Subhas Singh scored from a header. But Bagan were back in business within two minutes. Chettri was brought down in the box and Jose Barreto converted the resulting penalty.
In the 75th minute Chettri was in the heart of action once again when he delightfully curled the ball over Lajong`s keeper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?