I-League: Mohun Bagan thrash Shillong Lajong
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan routed Shillong Lajong 6-1 at the Yuba Bharati Krinangan in the I-League Tuesday. For Bagan, Sunil Chhetri and Odafa Okolie scored a brace while Syed Rahim Nabi and Jose Ramirez Barreto netted one apiece.
Lajong managed to pull one back through Subhas Singh. Bagan move to 43 points from 24 matches while Lajong stay on 27 points from 24 matches.
The first 20 minutes were even till Rahim Nabi scored the opening goal from a Barreto pass. Three minutes later, Bagan scored their second - AIFF Player-of-the-Year Sunil Chettri finishing perfectly after Barreto put him through.
Soon Odafa Okolie got his name on the scoresheet as he scored his first in the 41st minute.
Changing over, Odafa scored again, this time wading his way past five defenders inside the penalty box.
In the 57th minute Shillong Lajong had something to cheer about when Subhas Singh scored from a header. But Bagan were back in business within two minutes. Chettri was brought down in the box and Jose Barreto converted the resulting penalty.
In the 75th minute Chettri was in the heart of action once again when he delightfully curled the ball over Lajong`s keeper.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics