I-League: Sporting take on Mohun Bagan
Duler: In-form Sporting Clube de Goa will be looking to keep their unbeaten run going when they take on Mohun Bagan tomorrow in the 23rd round of I-League at the Duler Stadium, Mapusa.
Sporting, who have a good record at Duler Stadium, will be missing their reliable defender Samananda Singh who got marching orders in the second half against ONGC which helped the Mumbai side restore parity.
But coach Oscar Bruzon will be hoping that his team continues the unbeaten run.
At present Sporting are placed sixth with 30 points from 22 matches. They will look to the Spanish duo Juanfri upfront and Angel Berlanga in the defence to create impact.
Bagan defeated Dempo, but failed to collect full points against Shillong La jong, as they were held to a draw, fighting to avoid relegation as they have 13 points from 18 matches.
Bagan have come here without defender Anyichie Echezona and midfielder Jewel Raja, and will be relying on strikers Odafe Okolie and Tolgay in the absence of Samananda Singh.
Bagan last played against Salgaocar on this ground, but failed to win. Coach Karim Bencherifa must be hoping that his team stay together and repeat the winning performance against Dempo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away