I`ll get back on goal trail after malaria, says Drogba
London : Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is confident he will soon be back in his best goal-scoring form after his long-running illness was finally diagnosed as malaria this week.
The Ivorian has been in and out of the team in recent weeks because of a fever but it was only on Monday that doctors told him he had been suffering with malaria.
"I want to score every game but when you can`t, when you`re not 100 percent, it`s better to try a way to help your team mates, maybe creating assists, maybe defending a little bit more," Drogba told Chelsea TV ahead of Wednesday`s derby with Fulham.
"I think I`ll get better and start to score again and if that`s what people want I think I can do that."
Drogba started the season with a hat-trick against West Bromwich Albion on Aug. 14 but since then he has managed just two goals from open play for Premier League leaders Chelsea.
"When you don`t know exactly what it (the illness) is and it`s not treated, it can come and go," he said.
"You have some weeks when the fever can be high, that`s what I had, but now it will be better.
"Unfortunately we only found out (on Monday) it was malaria but I`ve had it for a month now. Now we know exactly what it is we can go forward."
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti said on Tuesday the medication Drogba was now taking should completely eradicate the illness inside two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details